Monday, November 24, 2008

A JOB!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so I've been slogging through the last 51 months of school with a clear goal in mind: get a job! All those late nights. All those stupid care plans. All those papers.... 9 chapter tests..... pop quizzes.... CPR classes.... 5:00 a.m. mornings and 4:00 a.m. bedtimes.... today, it finally paid off! MWHAAAAHAAAAHAAAA!!!

I was offered a job! Starting January 19 at NMRH in the OR. WHOPPEE!! More money than I've ever made in my life. Enough to pay off my student loans. Enough to pay for Thing 1's tuition in CASH next year. Thing 2 got a full ride (Thing 1 did too, but turned it down for a Big 10 school) so we paid his $750 for books and tuition each year so far... Enough money that my kids may be turned down for some financial aid next year, but it'll all be worth it.

I'm fully aware of the people out there who have lost jobs, fortunes, or nest eggs recently. I don't mean to rub it in anyone's face. I'm just glad that at 43 years old, I finally will have a job I LOVE and be paid accordingly. I have a nephew that lost his job on Halloween. I know that at 28, it's not a good thing to be looking for a job when you'd rather be looking for an engagement ring... or a house... or just food on the table. I have struggled before - working 3 jobs as a single mom with 2 kids and making less than $25k for the 3 jobs put together... The end is near. I just can't get too comfortable... Please, God, make me worthy...

No comments: