Sunday, August 3, 2008

August, already???

Where does the time go? Already 3/4 of my summer is over and how come it's just *yesterday* that I got my first sunburn? Maybe because 1) I've been working 5 days a week either on the OB floor or doing my "other" internship in admin; 2) my dh has been away for 20 days in just the month of July and I'm the one who gets to shuttle the kids from point A to point B 24/7; or 3) it's RAINED on average 2-3 times per week, and usually on my days off. On the bright side, my grass and garden have never looked greener, but since my dh hasn't been home in 10 days, it's also LONGER than it's ever been... Why can't we just find a happy medium.

Only 4 more weeks and the kiddoes are back to school, me too! My last semester and then I can blow this popsicle stand like a bad memory.. and other than my degree, that's all this is going to be for me (I mean from Lake, not from the rest of the people in this town).

Five months from today I should be sporting a magnificent tan - from Hawaii. The countdown begins!

No comments: